In particular DSHplus is used for verification of system function, for analysis of the system dynamics, for system revisions, for component selection and design, in the fault diagnosis and for training purposes. For the analysis and optimization of the system or component DSHplus offers users a specialized fluid power integrated CAE solution. Many libraries are available for the realistic depiction of hydraulic and pneumatic systems. To automate the simulation DSHplus provides various pre- and post-processing modules.
DSHplus also has numerous interfaces and add-ins to integrate with almost any development environment. Open technology standards such as FMI or DSHplus-STC guarantee a cross-application access to external simulation programs, e.g. via co-simulation. For the virtual commissioning of plant and machinery DSHplus-PLCI allows communication with PLC controllers.
A speciality of DSHplus is pressure oscillation analysis and water hammer simulation of piping systems. Practical applications have proven that the results are comparable to a CFD simulation, but need only a fraction of the CFD's computing time. Hence, DSHplus pipe models are an ideal solution if an effect analysis has to be carried out or if remedy measures have to be prepared or to be optimized.
FLUIDON is a global leading provider of engineering services and simulation software for fluid power applications. Fluid power is our passion, in theory and practice. We place our know-how and our competence to your disposal to realise your ideas and to solve challenges. The combination of both marks us as prime address for all those, who are engaged in simulation based design and development of fluid power systems.
FLUIDON counts over 300 customers worldwide across a variety of industries including automotive, aerospace, machine tools, heavy equipment, medical, and research.
“With the engineering tool DSHplus, we are in a position to design quickly and flexibly simulation models of complex hydraulic systems for conception analysis. FLUIDON provides competent and expeditious support in the development of highly specialized simulation models for research and development.”
–Dr.-Ing. David van Bebber
Ford Forschungszentrum Aachen GmbH
Key Features & Benefits
- Comprehensive virtual engineering functionality in just one simulation tool
- Graphic based modelling concept for dynamic, nonlinear 1D-system simulation
- Recognizable technological icons guarantee a direct model analogy with technical drawings
- Standard model definitions base on manufactures data sheets information
- Extensive component libraries: hydraulics, pneumatics, thermos-hydraulics, controls, mechanics…
- Model Animation for a deeper insight onto the system's internal interactions
- FMI standard for direct connections to external CAE applications
- Various interfaces to Altair products
- Simplification and acceleration of modelling shorten the development process
Virtual commissioning of a hydraulic forging press
RohrLEx, FLUIDONs mascot and expert for simulative analysis of pressure oscillation problems
Simulation of landing gear with co-simulation of mechanics, hydraulics, and control
Simulation of wheel loader with co-simulation of hydraulics and mechanics
Pressure Oscillation Analysis and Water Hammer Simulation in Piping Systems
DSHplus can be applied to all industries developing and using fluid power systems. It can be used at the system, subsystem and component level. Benefited industries are
Automotive, Aerospace, Off-Highway and Commercial Vehicles, Manufacturing, Mobile Hydraulics, Machine Tools, Heavy Equipment, Naval, Rail, Medical, Aerospace, and Research.
DSHplus is frequently used to simulate the following systems:
- Cylinder Drives in all sizes, e. g. Forging Press, Bascule Bridge, Grinding Mill,
- Wheel Loader, Excavator, Road Finisher
- Fuel Pump, Rail and Injector
- Power Steering, Brake, Clutch, Air Suspension
- Pipework and Pipelines in Hydraulic and Process Engineering
DSHplus interfaces with Altair's MotionSolve, MotionView, solidThinking Activate, HyperGraph and HyperStudy as well as MapleSim by Maplesoft, Adams by MSC, and all simulation programs supporting the Functional Mockup Interface (FMI).
Maple is a technical computing software for engineers, mathematicians, and scientists.
Overview Video | Learn More
Integrated solution to analyze and optimize multi-body system performance. Through extensive customer partnership, MotionSolve is thoroughly validated for quality, robustness and speed.
Overview Video | Learn More